The Land that Time Forgot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Land that Time Forgot. This is forum mainly focused on dinosaurs, but other subjects can be added upon request. Notice:MEMBERS NEEDED!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did a Sapient Dinosaur Species Ever Exist?

3 posters

Do you think a sapient dinosaur could have existed?

Did a Sapient Dinosaur Species Ever Exist? I_vote_lcap0%Did a Sapient Dinosaur Species Ever Exist? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Did a Sapient Dinosaur Species Ever Exist? I_vote_lcap67%Did a Sapient Dinosaur Species Ever Exist? I_vote_rcap 67% [ 2 ]
Did a Sapient Dinosaur Species Ever Exist? I_vote_lcap33%Did a Sapient Dinosaur Species Ever Exist? I_vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Did a Sapient Dinosaur Species Ever Exist? Empty Did a Sapient Dinosaur Species Ever Exist? Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:45 pm

tklarenb

tklarenb

Do you think it is possible that a dinosaur species ever became sapient? Or could one have evolved if they weren't wiped out? Post your thoughts here!

Did a Sapient Dinosaur Species Ever Exist? JB003472

Last edited by tklarenb on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-tklarenb%7C500646496436

Awesome Raptor

Awesome Raptor

if they didn't die out im sure that dinos would some day become like use

tklarenb

tklarenb

I tend not to believe that dinosaurs ever became sapient. Of course, on the random chance they did, we would have close to zero evidence. If humans were to disappear today, in less than a thousand years there would be practically no evidence of us, so the same would go with the dinosaurs.

However, I think it might be possible that one could have become sapient if the KT event never happened. I don't believe they'd evolve into the dinosauroid (pictured in first post), but I do believe they would evolve from small predatory dinosaurs such as Troodon. They wouldn't have needed to evolve into a humanoid shape, they were already bipedal and could use their hands, and would retain a therepod body plan. The only reason we have an upright stature is because our ancestors were quadrupeds, and directly upright is the easiest gait for a primate. A dinosaur had its tail to help balance it out, so it would have no need to evolve upright.

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-tklarenb%7C500646496436

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

I don't think they became sapient, BUT, I'm sure they could've become sapient. Look at birds! Some are realy smart, a Theropod Dinosaurs could've evolved into a sapient being. You don't need to be a Mammal to be clever.

Awesome Raptor

Awesome Raptor

Giganotosaurus Carolinii wrote:I don't think they became sapient, BUT, I'm sure they could've become sapient. Look at birds! Some are realy smart, a Theropod Dinosaurs could've evolved into a sapient being. You don't need to be a Mammal to be clever.
but mostly Dromes and Troodons

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum