The Land that Time Forgot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Land that Time Forgot. This is forum mainly focused on dinosaurs, but other subjects can be added upon request. Notice:MEMBERS NEEDED!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:01 pm

tklarenb

tklarenb

Probably one of the best dinosaur games I've played, Operation Genesis is a Park Tycoon game where you run your own Jurassic Park.
Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Jurassic+Park+Operation+Genesis

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-tklarenb%7C500646496436

2Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:05 pm

tklarenb

tklarenb

This game has some rather realistic dinosaur behavior, and there are many mods that make it even more realistic. For example, one of the features of the most famous mod, the Genesis Expansion Project, makes predators actually stalk their prey instead of just running at them once they see them.

This is actually the game that inspired me to become a game designer, as it was the first game I moded myself. This game is very easy to mod, all you need is notepad. For example, in my game, I increased the number of species from 25 to 40 mainly by copying the files of other dinosaurs.

3Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

I love this game! I realy love the site B. It realy allows you to recreate the ecosystem from the time when Dinosaurs ruled.

4Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:01 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

The only downside is that the dinosaurs cant reproduce, unless you have the Dino poop mod.

https://landthattimeforgot.forumotion.com

5Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

Admin wrote:The only downside is that the dinosaurs cant reproduce, unless you have the Dino poop mod.
Yeah, it's kinda annoying. That means that if you remove your hachery(s) in Site B after you made your Dinosaurs they will eventualy die out, no matter what.

6Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:57 pm

tklarenb

tklarenb

I've actually made mods where there's baby dinosaurs and you can have up to a thousand dinosaurs on the island. For the baby dinos, they don't actually reproduce, but dinosaurs do change size, and unlike the dino poop mod, it effects every species! There's actually a line of code for when large carnivores grab small prey items that shrinks the item so it fits in the mouth better. I just put that code into the code for when dinosaurs randomly look at each other, so that sometimes, looking at something will cause it to switch between adult, juvenile, chick, and infant sizes. The dinos randomly switching from adult to baby size kind of looks weird(it happens roughly every 30 seconds per dino in a large herd), but it looks amazing when you have a full group of different aged dinosaurs. One kind of funny side effect of this is that it will shrink the helicopter when you fly over dinosaurs, but it won't shrink the guy inside it. If anyone wants these mods, I can post them here.

Want some proof? Here's a screenshot:

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Untitled-1

7Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:09 pm

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

tklarenb wrote:I've actually made mods where there's baby dinosaurs and you can have up to a thousand dinosaurs on the island. For the baby dinos, they don't actually reproduce, but dinosaurs do change size, and unlike the dino poop mod, it effects every species! There's actually a line of code for when large carnivores grab small prey items that shrinks the item so it fits in the mouth better. I just put that code into the code for when dinosaurs randomly look at each other, so that sometimes, looking at something will cause it to switch between adult, juvenile, chick, and infant sizes. The dinos randomly switching from adult to baby size kind of looks weird(it happens roughly every 30 seconds per dino in a large herd), but it looks amazing when you have a full group of different aged dinosaurs. One kind of funny side effect of this is that it will shrink the helicopter when you fly over dinosaurs, but it won't shrink the guy inside it. If anyone wants these mods, I can post them here.

Want some proof? Here's a screenshot:

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Untitled-1
Nice. I think it would be even better if the Dinosaurs came out of the hatchery realy small (For T.rex and stuff it would be something like Albertosaurus size) and would keep growing and growing, even for a while after they reached adult size.

8Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:48 pm

tklarenb

tklarenb

Someone actually managed to make them come out as babies, except they have no idea how they did it, so the only way to get it is to basically download his entire game files. I don't want to do that since I've done a bunch of mods to my game and don't want them overwritten. And from the videos I've seen of it, it's not that different from my version, as dinosaurs sometimes shrink in his too.

And T. rexes do shrink down to about Alberto size when chasing prey, as the prey keeps looking at them, although its rare to see a baby one (it needs other dinosaurs around it to shrink, aren't any for obvious reasons Very Happy )

9Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:00 pm

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

tklarenb wrote:Someone actually managed to make them come out as babies, except they have no idea how they did it, so the only way to get it is to basically download his entire game files. I don't want to do that since I've done a bunch of mods to my game and don't want them overwritten. And from the videos I've seen of it, it's not that different from my version, as dinosaurs sometimes shrink in his too.

And T. rexes do shrink down to about Alberto size when chasing prey, as the prey keeps looking at them, although its rare to see a baby one (it needs other dinosaurs around it to shrink, aren't any for obvious reasons Very Happy )
Intresting. Why would a T.rex want to shrink when chasing prey?! XD

10Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:05 pm

tklarenb

tklarenb

Giganotosaurus Carolinii wrote:
tklarenb wrote:Someone actually managed to make them come out as babies, except they have no idea how they did it, so the only way to get it is to basically download his entire game files. I don't want to do that since I've done a bunch of mods to my game and don't want them overwritten. And from the videos I've seen of it, it's not that different from my version, as dinosaurs sometimes shrink in his too.

...and then pop back up to normal size once they grabbed it Very Happy !(They do that with my mod)

11Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Appalachiosaurus105

Appalachiosaurus105

tklarenb wrote:
Giganotosaurus Carolinii wrote:

...and then pop back up to normal size once they grabbed it Very Happy !(They do that with my mod)

lol!

Anyway,my JPOG crashed a while ago when I was making New Species of dinosaurs.It worked the first few times then BOOM and I don't know what happened to this day.

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Hamilton302%7C5006204251

12Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:45 pm

tklarenb

tklarenb

Did you try reinstalling it? I've had that happen to me, and reinstalling it fixed it, although I had to make the mods again.

13Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Appalachiosaurus105

Appalachiosaurus105

tklarenb wrote:Did you try reinstalling it? I've had that happen to me, and reinstalling it fixed it, although I had to make the mods again.

Yes,tried that 4 times.It kept crashing before it even opened up.

14Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:59 pm

tklarenb

tklarenb

Maybe when you uninstalled it, your new dino files were still there, so when you installed it again, it was still modded. I doubt that's the problem since those files shouldn't affect the game if they're not activated, but maybe the activation part stuck around too.

If you don't have the game on your computer (which I assume you don't), see if any JPOG files are still on your computer before reinstalling it. If they are, delete them so it goes back to default.

15Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:29 am

Appalachiosaurus105

Appalachiosaurus105

tklarenb wrote:Maybe when you uninstalled it, your new dino files were still there, so when you installed it again, it was still modded. I doubt that's the problem since those files shouldn't affect the game if they're not activated, but maybe the activation part stuck around too.

If you don't have the game on your computer (which I assume you don't), see if any JPOG files are still on your computer before reinstalling it. If they are, delete them so it goes back to default.

Thank you,now to find the disk... lol!

But it should be easy since we are moving.

16Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Empty Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:41 am

utahraptor_ostrommaysorum

utahraptor_ostrommaysorum

i absolutely adore operation genesis! if im not on spore or minecraft, then im on it! i don't have any mods thouh, but i might try getting some/making my own

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]