The Land that Time Forgot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Land that Time Forgot. This is forum mainly focused on dinosaurs, but other subjects can be added upon request. Notice:MEMBERS NEEDED!

You are not connected. Please login or register

What was the deadliest dinosaur?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What was the deadliest dinosaur? Empty What was the deadliest dinosaur? Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:47 pm

tklarenb

tklarenb

What dinosaur do you think was the most dangerous dinosaur of all time?

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-tklarenb%7C500646496436

2What was the deadliest dinosaur? Empty Re: What was the deadliest dinosaur? Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:33 pm

Appalachiosaurus105

Appalachiosaurus105

The most famous of all... (YOU KNOW WHO THAT IS)

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Hamilton302%7C5006204251

3What was the deadliest dinosaur? Empty Re: What was the deadliest dinosaur? Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

The most dangerous was... Ampjicoelias Fragillimus. A 60 meter long giant sauropod.

The most dangerous carnivorous Dinosaur even was... Spinosaurus. Size alone would give it the ability to kick any other Theropod's @$$. (Or at least, In my opinion)

4What was the deadliest dinosaur? Empty Re: What was the deadliest dinosaur? Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:53 pm

Appalachiosaurus105

Appalachiosaurus105

Giganotosaurus Carolinii wrote:The most dangerous was... Ampjicoelias Fragillimus. A 60 meter long giant sauropod.

The most dangerous carnivorous Dinosaur even was... Spinosaurus. Size alone would give it the ability to kick any other Theropod's @$$. (Or at least, In my opinion)

Do you see Deinonychus getting their butts kicked by Sauroposeidon?(Juveniles at least)

5What was the deadliest dinosaur? Empty Re: What was the deadliest dinosaur? Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

Appalachiosaurus105 wrote:
Giganotosaurus Carolinii wrote:The most dangerous was... Ampjicoelias Fragillimus. A 60 meter long giant sauropod.

Do you see Deinonychus getting their butts kicked by Sauroposeidon?(Juveniles at least)
A pack of 5 Deinonychus VS a 10 ton juvenile Sauroposeidon? Poor, poor, POOR Deinonychus. This is not Clash ot the Dinosaurs. This is real life. Deinonychust couldn't cut meat with its killing claw.

6What was the deadliest dinosaur? Empty Re: What was the deadliest dinosaur? Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:17 pm

tklarenb

tklarenb

While I agree that Amphicoelias could have been deadly, it probably wasn't that agressive unless provoked. For dinosaurs that strike without being provoked, I would say Triceratops maximus, the super sized version of normal Triceratops (T. horridus). And yes I agree with Robert T. Bakkar in that it is a distinct species and not just a normal T'tops with gigantism.
What was the deadliest dinosaur? Max%20Tri1bis
This thing could easily kill a T. Rex. It had an 8 foot skull that could whip around super fast because it had a ball joint where the neck attached to the skull (very rare in animals). It also could turn rather fast, making it hard for a T. rex to keep track of it. It also could make the T. rex too dizzy to attack from the extremely loud sounds it made from the echo chambers in its nose (horses have these too, that's why they're so loud). And then, of course, it had its weapons, the three horns, the horns on the edge of the frill, and its beak.

7What was the deadliest dinosaur? Empty Re: What was the deadliest dinosaur? Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

Giganotosaurus Carolinii

tklarenb wrote:While I agree that Amphicoelias could have been deadly, it probably wasn't that agressive unless provoked. For dinosaurs that strike without being provoked, I would say Triceratops maximus, the super sized version of normal Triceratops (T. horridus). And yes I agree with Robert T. Bakkar in that it is a distinct species and not just a normal T'tops with gigantism.
This thing could easily kill a T. Rex. It had an 8 foot skull that could whip around super fast because it had a ball joint where the neck attached to the skull (very rare in animals). It also could turn rather fast, making it hard for a T. rex to keep track of it. It also could make the T. rex too dizzy to attack from the extremely loud sounds it made from the echo chambers in its nose (horses have these too, that's why they're so loud). And then, of course, it had its weapons, the three horns, the horns on the edge of the frill, and its beak.
The bigger the animal, the more dangerous it is. So why not take a look at Triceratops Maximus' bigger brother: Eotriceratops.

8What was the deadliest dinosaur? Empty Re: What was the deadliest dinosaur? Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:03 pm

tklarenb

tklarenb

I never heard of Eotriceratops until now, so I looked up some info on it. T. maximus is pretty much the same size so they would be about equal in danger.
What was the deadliest dinosaur? Barnumb
I mean, if a T. rex saw something with a head THAT big coming right at it, I don't think it would see the difference between a T'tops or an Eo (whose head is only a foot longer)!

9What was the deadliest dinosaur? Empty Re: What was the deadliest dinosaur? Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:31 pm

utahraptor_ostrommaysorum

utahraptor_ostrommaysorum

dromaeosaurs all the way. deadly, smart, pack hunters

10What was the deadliest dinosaur? Empty Re: What was the deadliest dinosaur? Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:03 am

Appalachiosaurus105

Appalachiosaurus105

utahraptor_ostrommaysorum wrote:dromaeosaurs all the way. deadly, smart, pack hunters

hunf?

What was the deadliest dinosaur? Sideshow_Collectibles_Jurassic_Park_T-Rex_vs_Raptors

11What was the deadliest dinosaur? Empty Re: What was the deadliest dinosaur? Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:05 am

Appalachiosaurus105

Appalachiosaurus105

tklarenb wrote:While I agree that Amphicoelias could have been deadly, it probably wasn't that agressive unless provoked. For dinosaurs that strike without being provoked, I would say Triceratops maximus, the super sized version of normal Triceratops (T. horridus). And yes I agree with Robert T. Bakkar in that it is a distinct species and not just a normal T'tops with gigantism.

I agree with this 100%
That ball joint could be the very ancestry of why Triceratops has such a good rep.But,you have to remember T-rex was smarter than Trike,in a fight I would agree that Triceratops would win mostly,but Rexy still has a chance with is intellect and pure strength.

12What was the deadliest dinosaur? Empty Re: What was the deadliest dinosaur? Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:09 am

Appalachiosaurus105

Appalachiosaurus105

utahraptor_ostrommaysorum wrote:dromaeosaurs all the way. deadly, smart, pack hunters

LOL found this on Deviantart like 5 seconds ago.

MEGALOSAURUS VS RAPTOR!

What was the deadliest dinosaur? Raptor_Vs_Megalosarus_by_slyshand

13What was the deadliest dinosaur? Empty Re: What was the deadliest dinosaur? Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:21 am

tklarenb

tklarenb

I agree with this 100%
That ball joint could be the very ancestry of why Triceratops has such a good rep.But,you have to remember T-rex was smarter than Trike,in a fight I would agree that Triceratops would win mostly,but Rexy still has a chance with is intellect and pure strength.
I agree that T. rex was smarter, but that doesn't help much when you're attacking something as big as you trying to gore you. And practically the only strength T. rex had that was useful against t'tops was it's bite, but t'tops had it's frill for protection. Meanwhile T'tops had extremely powerful neck muscles for flicking it's head around, and wide feet allowing it to make quick turns. So yes, a T. rex COULD win, but it had to be extremely lucky and score a hit behind the frill, the hardest place to reach on T'tops. And then Triceratops maximus was even bigger then T. horridus, making it even more deadly. And you have to take into account the ultrasonic noises T'tops could make with its nose to disorientate T. rex. Elephants do the same thing, they make noises so loud and so deep that the predator is literally too dizzy to attack.

14What was the deadliest dinosaur? Empty Re: What was the deadliest dinosaur? Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Appalachiosaurus105

Appalachiosaurus105

tklarenb wrote:
I agree with this 100%
I agree that T. rex was smarter, but that doesn't help much when you're attacking something as big as you trying to gore you. And practically the only strength T. rex had that was useful against t'tops was it's bite, but t'tops had it's frill for protection. Meanwhile T'tops had extremely powerful neck muscles for flicking it's head around, and wide feet allowing it to make quick turns. So yes, a T. rex COULD win, but it had to be extremely lucky and score a hit behind the frill, the hardest place to reach on T'tops. And then Triceratops maximus was even bigger then T. horridus, making it even more deadly. And you have to take into account the ultrasonic noises T'tops could make with its nose to disorientate T. rex. Elephants do the same thing, they make noises so loud and so deep that the predator is literally too dizzy to attack.

True.Question:How do we know that T.maximus had those nasal passages to disorientate predators?

15What was the deadliest dinosaur? Empty Re: What was the deadliest dinosaur? Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:38 pm

tklarenb

tklarenb

Appalachiosaurus105 wrote:
True.Question:How do we know that T.maximus had those nasal passages to disorientate predators?
It had extremely large nasal areas in its skull, allowing sounds to echo around and be amplified. Horses have the same thing. That's why horses are way louder than cows, cows don't have large nasal areas. At least I think that's the theory, I'm basing most of this off of Robert T. Bakkar's book Maximum Triceratops, which I don't have on hand at the moment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum